OUR CABIN AT BERNAT METGE AND THOREAU - WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY 5TH JUNE







 Our 2nd -year students turned the so-called  cabin syndrome, where cabins were places to feel safe during a storm, into beautiful landscapes to gaze at, taking Henry David Thoreau's cabin at Walden Pond as a model. They wrote about how human beings felt in nature, and also about Thoreau's experience in the woods, that is,  inner fulfilment. I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Walden, chapter 2 (1854)  


Thoreau (Concord, Massachusetts, 12 July 1817- 1862),   is renowned for his ecological vision of the world: What is the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?, Familiar Letters (published in 1894).